Monday, July 5, 2010

Too Much Love???




So I'm a love balladeer... I can't help it! I start out a song with the specific goal of NOT making it about love. Whether it be about new love, love lost, tainted love, unexpected love, etc etc etc, I try to stay away from it. I really do. But somehow 90% of the things I write lean back to the 'L' word. Is it just because it's easier to write about? Am I just a hopeless romantic? Is it that it's so easy to rhyme 'lady' and 'baby'? Could be a mixture of all... Who knows...

But regardless... Am I wrong? I mean does making one more love song hurt anyone? Does another musical poem of a man unable to breathe without 'her' somehow harm music? I'm of the opinion that there is quite enough already 'harming' real music. Recycled lyrics, more care for the track/beat (no offense producers) than about the actual message, LACK of a message, etc...

So do majority of my songs curve toward metaphoric expressions, comparing 'she' to moonlight and a sparkling strawberry wine? Or 'she' to endless pain and a slow, repetitive, mythological torture? Maybe...

But that's me... I won't apologize... Why should I? I have depth in writing, but the Love Song was my first...

Big Ups to Love...

Love & Light...

No comments:

Post a Comment