In conversation with my sister the other day, we'd gotten into conversation about muzek (a normal conversation piece) and the topic of Alicia Keys came up.
"Yo!, Unthinkable has to be arguably the best Alicia Keys song she's ever dropped!" says my sister.
I'd had yet to hear it, but I thought for sure there wasn't something that could have topped "You Don't Know My Name" or the interlude "Feelin' You, Feelin' Me"...
So I checked it out...
My synopsis:
An immediate purchase! The track itself is composed of a few simple, but dark chords and a somewhat simplistic drum line, which, in my opinion, make up some of the best songs of all time. I managed to track down the instrumental just to listen to and it feels like a purple cloud sunset, driving with the top down in some beach town, but no one else is on the road. Then you marry the sultry and sometimes raspy (raspy in her case is VERY good) voice of Ms. Keys and you've got a song of forbidden love. And no, I'm not getting that from the video. From the lyrics, they could be the couple about to run away together, or kind of a Bonnie and Clyde crime couple, or (as the video indicates) two people that no one else wants to be together from different 'sides of the track'.
All and all, I agree with my sister. POSSIBLY the best A. Keys song out...
I'm told Drake wrote it, but I don't know for sure.
Love & Light...
No comments:
Post a Comment